Dealing with Inclement Weather, Impassable Roads and Game Cancelations
Airdrie Minor Hockey as an association will cancel games or practices only in the event that the Airdrie Arenas are not open.
We entrust each team, coach, manager and parent to make educated travel decisions and arrangements based on the local roads reports, weather forecasts etc. Parents are encouraged to travel only when they feel safe doing so.
Coaches/Managers if you make the decision to not attend an away game due to weather
1. Contact your entire team ASAP 2. Contact the opponent 3. Contact your director/governor explaining the situation
Parents, if you make the decision not to attend an away game due to weather. 1. Contact your manager
Coaches/Managers if you are in the situation of having to cancel a home game due to weather because your opponent will not be travelling to Airdrie
1. Inform your entire team ASAP
2. Inform the Airdrie Refs ASAP Ref Contact Info Rod Reisner ARA Treasurer/Assigning/Website email@example.com
3. Contact your director and CAHL Governor if you are a travel team
4. Contact the AMHA office via email explaining the situation so the office has a heads up
AMHA will try to work with managers to reschedule games that are cancelled due to poor weather and driving conditions.